Sunday, March 30, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:23
And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with [you].

What did Paul do for the gospels sake that he could partake of it with us? He humbled himself, he became all things to all people that he might have an advantage of sharing The Lord with every culture and demographic that he presented himself to. This is such an applicable concept to everyone who is trying to share the Gospel with people. I Benjamin, am an 19 year old surfer. If it is I who am living an unbroken life, than my demographic of people who I can effectively minister is minuscule. In fact, it might be nonexistent based off of the fact that me holding my identity is holding my pride, and that is not being dead to self. Be like a child to children, a Kenyan to the people of Kenya, a Costa Rican to the people of Costa Rica, and a Guatemalan to the people of Guatemala. You will find this difficult task much less arduous if you are surrendered to God. I think I finally know what pastor Mike meant when he said "you don't know that Jesus loves all of the children in the whole world." It only makes logical sense that if I love Jesus, I will obey Him. If he loves all of the children in the world, then so should I. How would I show that? By letting go of my rights and selfish desires so that I could truly love them. He was right, it's not that I didn't have the head knowledge that Jesus loves every little boy and girl in he world, I Simply didn't apply it to my life. Lord save me from myself.
Run the race for the prize. Go all out for Jesus in everything that you do. No matter what it may be, showing that you are all in for the glory of God displays a brutal execution of self love. Wether you are staking chairs, resisting temptation, leading worship, worshiping, preaching a sermon, or doing the dishes. Go all out for Jesus, I can promise you that you will be blessed and you will be running the race well.
Application: Don't focus on past mistakes. Take it day by day focusing on Jesus.
Memorize Micah 6:8.


No comments:

Post a Comment