Saturday, March 15, 2014

Philippians 3:12
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

We have not attained perfection, I can look back on every 30 minuets of my life and see noticeable places where I have fallen short. But Jesus loves me all the same. He sees that it is a process, attaining perfection that is, and is patient enough to walk us through it. I have never thought too deeply into the shepherd analogy, I have always just though of Him protecting and leading us in all wisdom and strength, but, where is He leading us? Surly to a place better than where we are. Surly God, our all knowing shepherd who wants nothing but the best for us is leading us on to perfection. He is leading us to Perfect love which casts out all fear, which trusts in Him, which has peace in Him. When we go astray, we will lose sight of our shepherd, we will get scared and lost. At this point we realize how much more so se desire to be near our shepherd and when He comes and finds us, we learn to love Him all the more. He uses even the failures in our lives to grow us and to show us how much He really does love us.

Application: sing the song "I love, I love, I love your presence. I love, I love, I love you Jesus."  

No comments:

Post a Comment