Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Eph 6:1
 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

 col 3:20
  Children, obey [your] parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

Let's not get carried away, if your parents ask you to sin, obviously you are to respectfully disobey. Circumstances other than this, however, leave one without exception; obey your parents. Obedience is such a difficult thing to have when it comes to your parents. I know that for me,in my teen years, I was able to obey my boss much easier than I was able to obey my parents. Familiarity does indeed breed contempt. I also found myself obeying my father much easier than obeying my mother. Why? Because I respected my father, not my mother. This was difficult because respect isn't given, it's earned. I had a very difficult time respecting her because of how much she lets her emotions dictate the things she says and does. She is an amazing Christian woman, but a difficult person for me to respect. Since then I have learned to respect God and thus respect the authority He has placed over me. To what end? I do not know, most likely to teach me humility. I know that He will use it to shape me into the person that he wants me to be. Obedience isn't always easy, but it is what we are called to.
Application: call my mom and tell her that I love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment