Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.


Oh, that I might follow the example of those who have gone before me who were renown for their love of Christ. I pray that one day I may also be known. Not on my behalf, but for the work that Christ has done in me and through me. I used to naively think it to be self-centered for a Christian to live his life for the moment when he hears the Father say "well done my good and faithful servant". But then I realized that it is all we should be living for. We are all given an immense desire for heaven. It is built into us by God that He may draw us to Himself that we may be transformed and used. Without this desire for heaven, why would anyone desire to be a Christian, and without this desire, why would anyone even want to do good works. Our existence would be pointless. We have a built in desire for heaven, and to be worshippers. These two predispositions dwell in every man to some extent and are one in the same. We desire to worship Christ and will worship anything and everything until we find Him. How do I know this? Because everyone worships something and that thing or person eventual looses it's attraction to the worshiper and then the distraught worshiper become enamored with something else, then something else. Eventually, when they hopefully find Christ, the value of this world is stripped away and they realize that there is nothing else worthy of their worship. Not that their worship is meaningful, but because God so far exceeds anything they could have ever hoped for. This is what keeps the Christian faithful and diligent, an awareness of the things to come after this life here on earth. This is in a sense what a Christian is patient for, knowing that He does not deserve heaven but will still find himself there by the grace of God, he can wait a few years and be in the service of God. It is my desire that through the Holy Spirit in me, many other people may inherit the Abrahamic promise that we by no means are worthy to inherit. We are not only beneficiaries of Gods promise to Abraham that all nations will be blessed, but we are spiritual sons and daughters of him. God did make him a great nation, just not in the manner he probably expected God to do so. He always keeps His promises, it is our decision to accept the blessing He desires to give us, or forever be separated from Him. To be eternally separated from what our souls have an ever increasing desire to worship, what could be a more torturous existence to a human?

Oh the joy I find from being a servant of such a great master. Not that I count myself worthy to be in His service, but that He has broken down every wall for all of our sakes. He is my peace.

Application: Be diligent for the kingdom. Not for the sake of any one in authority over me apart from God, but for the sake of my longing to hear my Father say "well done my good and faithful servant in whom I am well pleased". 

No comments:

Post a Comment