Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Philippians 2:3
 [Let] nothing [be done] through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

You will never find yourself in trouble when you take these words to heart. Not that you will not ever be in trouble with people, but with God. Unfortunately, sometimes you will find yourself actually hurting other people if you do this. I want to address this particular case because everyone always talks about the positives of esteeming others better than yourself. There are negatives to an application of this verse also. I am speaking of when you are respecting someone and thus not taking the actions they would want you to take. You are respecting them and esteeming them better than yourself by following what The Lord has told you to do, but it isn't what they want. It comes down to doing what is best for that person. I am finding this very tough in my life right now and don't really know what to do. How far do I push in and press onward in this new exciting realm of relations? I need Gods guidance more than ever. I need to esteem you better than myself and do what is best for you. Not what we both want me to do. I'm so sorry that this is happening but I am so happy at the same time. God is really speaking to me about you and I can't wait for the future.

-God, please give me patience to wait for the exciting things you have for me. Please help me to honor You, and thus honor her












No comments:

Post a Comment