Saturday, March 8, 2014

Philippians 2:7
but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;

To empty oneself is to strip yourself of all rights that you would normally be inclined to think you have. It would be to take any respect, success, status, and prowess that you may possess, and count it as vain glory for the kingdom of God. Us men ultimately have no such things to begin with if we are eternally minded. We are all living for an earthly placebo which ultimately comes to a disappointing fruition when we realize we were made to worship, not be worshipped. Our status means nothing, but Jesus' status means everything real and eternal. He stripped Himself of His Godhood that He might live among us as one of us. This seems so illogical to me. Why would anyone do it? We on earth will never be able to understand it fully. It is an understatement indeed to say He did it because He loved us. But maybe not to God. That word, "Love"' means far more to God than it ever will to us. He needed us, not because He was lacking us, but because we need to be needed. We have to be drawn and enter into worship of God. Even if God were not real, I would not count my worship as vain because it still keeps me at peace doing what I was created to do. It grants me a better sense of worth and makes my life seem more valuable. What an interesting thought. Even if God were a hoax, my worship of nothing would benefit me more than my self worship. Interesting how being a Christian is a win win no matter how you look at it.

Application: worship God with your life like it is the only thing worth anything; it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment