Sunday, March 30, 2014

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

No matter the circumstances that I find myself in. No matter the internal pain and swirling emotions I may be feeling. No matter the course my life is taking, I must let my works reflect and glorify God. If I am failing to do this, than what is the good in me claiming to be a Christian, or sharing my faith with someone? If there is no light permitting from me, why would anyone desire to take my beliefs as their own? There are too many Christians in this world who are hiding their light and not letting it shine through in their works. This is perhaps the greatest hindrance to the furtherance of the gospel, luke warm Christians. Darkness and light cannot be put together, if I am not permitting light, than there is darkness in my heart. I know that I want to glorify God, but the things that hinder my accomplishing this goal are always rooted in my heart. Things that I lock inside of there that aren't pleasing to Him. These are places that I must first be broken in. Things that I must realize the effect that they are having on my relationship with Christ. I then must apply the precious blood of Jesus to those things and let Him take them from me. Only then, when I am fully given to Him, will His light shine unhindered through me and lead others to glorify my father who is in heaven.
Application: continue to pray for my pride to be cut away for that is where most of my issues spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment