Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Matthew 6:33-34
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

We are all given a desire to seek God and His kingdom called heaven. It is an unquenched thirst to be with God forever in a perfect place because we see the fallen nature of earth. Seeking the kingdom of God, however, is more than merely desiring to be there. It includes having a love for God as well. God promises to provide for our needs if we are diligently seeking Him here on earth. While my understanding grasps this, it is a difficult task to live my life accordingly. This proves to be especially true when it comes to money. This is because in my mind, money is math. And math is black and white, true or false. You either have it or you do not. I limit God in my life. I believe He can provide for all of my needs, but I do not believe that He will. I lack faith, not because I doubt Gods ability. But because I as a human confine myself to looking at things in the parameters of this earth. Oh, how foolish I am indeed. I trust God to do what is best, however I do not put the expectation on Him of doing what I persevere to be best. I need to allow myself to rely on God for today and not worry about tomorrow. I have to break this spell of seeing reality through my human eyes. I need to focus on the work at hand which is furthering His kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment