Sunday, March 9, 2014

Philippians 3:8
Yea doubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ,

I don't feel like I have lost anything in my relationship with Christ. In fact, I feel  the opposite is true. I am not referring to a spiritual and everlasting sense either. I feel that as I have begun to live my life for Christ and not myself, things just work out better. Let me give you and an example. For eight years of my life. My main focus and priority was to excel in the sport of surfing. I put countless hours in and out of the ocean to get better at the sport and eventually began to burn out. Not that I was loosing my desire to surf, but I was tired of the contests, I hadn't traveled in a while and I wasn't good enough to make a living doing it. I began to reexamine my life and re evaluate my motives. I began to focus on my relationship with Christ and not so much surfing. I still surfed as often as I had before, but it became something I did purely for fun, not for competition or pride. I started loving it more and seeing it as an opportunity to talk to people about The Lord. The unforeseen result of this was a huge jump in my performance. I started surfing better than ever. I continued to focus on God and it led me to Pottersfield which is basically a 10 month guaranteed period of no surfing. But God took the gift that He has given me and is now choosing to use it Asa ministry tool. I will be spending 6 months in Costa Rica at a place that I had taken a surf trip to. Up to this point, I have suffered very little loss for Christ. He has led me by still waters and set my feet on high places. I am truly great flu for everything He is doing in me, for me, and through me. He has even shown me a possible outcome for my future that I cannot discus at this point. Maybe I have suffered some form of projected financial prosperity, but I don't even care. I am living in the will of God, and there I will rest.

Application: praise The Lord and thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment