Sunday, March 30, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:27
 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Few things are more disappointing and heartbreaking than someone being disqualified from ministry. Wether it be a temporary disqualification, or a permanent one, it is very painful for everyone involved. I recently disqualified myself from the ministry that God had for me. I was going to be spending 6 months in Costa Rica helping working at a kids club and using surfing as a ministry tool. Unfortunately due to a lack of discipline and self control, I disqualified myself from that ministry. God is using it in my life and growing me through it, and I can so clearly see His hand working on my heart. He is my shepherd and even when I wonder and am disqualified from certain blessings He had for me, He rejoices at my return to His presence. Like the prodigal son was rejoiced over and greeted at his return, so has my heavenly father run to meet me with open arms. I feel the passionate love He has for me more now than ever before. Even though this is the most difficult thing I have ever gone through in my life, I will choose to rejoice in what God is accomplishing in me. He won't relent until He has every part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment