Saturday, March 8, 2014

Philippians 2:5-6
  Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

I suppose that if we indeed have a part of the Godhead dwelling within us, we can act as if we were God. As in we can through His guidance make a right choice. On our own accord, it is not likely. Not because we are incapable, statistically, of making a right choice, but because once you make a wrong choice, you are taken off of the right path. An other wrong choice, and you are even further off of the path thus making it a statistical impossibility for you on your own accord to make a right choice which would bring you back to the path and direction that God has for you. Jesus did not consider being equal with God a thing to be grasped because He was God. Are we? Well, we as flesh and bone are not God, yes we are all immortal, but we do not share the attributes with God that define Him. I do not wish to be like God because it is not built into me to wish for something such as this. I am manufactured to worship God, and thus eagerly anticipate my arrival in heaven. There is nothing I wish for more than to be in an eternal state of Glory where I can worship God outside of the parameters we are confined to. I do not wish to be like God, this would be a curse for anyone but God. Rather, I want to portray Him on this earth as an ambassador rather than an actor. It would be a burden for a man to wish to be God and to expect it to become a reality. If it ever did become a reality, it would be only his.

Application:  I honestly do not have an application for this passage so I will memorize.                
1 Corinthians 7:35

No comments:

Post a Comment