Monday, March 3, 2014

What an interesting premise to think about, "numbering our days". On the one hand, we could live our lives accordingly, on the other hand, we would alter our lives and potentially neglecting things that we shouldn't neglect. Furthermore, not all would be pleased with how soon Gods appointed hour might come. For instance, if I knew that I were going to die in three years, I would not seek to be married out of compassion for the woman I love. However, God may have intended me to be married and I would have missed out on something He had for me, and though I know it seems depressing, she may have missed out on something God had for her also. Because no one knows the time or hour of there death, we know not how they would respond to such enlightenment. Thus we can not derive a conclusion as to how certain categories of people would react. All we can do is theorize. But I would challenge the importance of even pondering such a topic. After all, what is the Christian man to do with such information? Apply his heart to wisdom? We have a good Master who knows the hour He will choose to take us. He is perfection and His timing can be described in a like manner, no matter how inconvenient we may think it is. Moses was looking forward to the coming of Christ, we are looking back at it. We have no excuse to not employ our hearts in the search for wisdom each and every day. God has dispensed more than enough revelation for us to have faith. We, understanding that earth is not our home, would be fools to store up treasure here. Eternity is promised us by the Creator of everything seen and unseen; the God who breathed life into our lungs. He has stored a desire for heaven in our hearts and He will reward us by fulfilling that desire if we live our life for Him. To hear my father say well done good and faithful servant. A greater reward than this is unfathomable.
Application: Let go of the that which God has told me to let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment