Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Revelation 1:9
 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.



How comforting it is to have brothers and sisters with us during our tribulations. Knowing the reassurance of other Christians going through the same struggles we as Christians are going through, or have already gone through is a comfort indeed. Interacting with a tangible entity with which we can share our thoughts knowing one and other to be like minded servants of the king is a cause for joy. A friendship that finds its foundation in Jesus Christ is everlasting by nature and will never be broken only if it's members cease to seek Christ. This is true for even the closest of friendships which we like to call marriages. Which brings an other thought, the difference of the percentage of people who claim to be Christians in the USA and the total population of married peoples should be the approximate divorce rate, which would be about eight percent. Unfortunately we know this not to be so. What a great defilement that is the current status of marriage. Oh how the prince of the aer delights himself in destroying everything The Lord holds so dear and close to His heart. This obviously includes the collective body of the church which Satan loves nothing more than to vandalize. He, much like Christ, does not relent. Usually when it seems he has relented, he just won the battle that he was fighting. Thankfully for us, Christ is miter than he. It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking Satan and God are apposing forces of almost equal strength. There could be nothing further from the truth. Satan, is at most, a little weaker than an arch angel. That should bring so much comfort to the believer as he wonders through tribulations. I know that I am comforted by this.
if I were in this relationship with God for an earthly reward or fulfillment, it would not be worth the trouble. If I were here in Antigua because I didn't have an alternative option, or I thought it might bring me some from of happiness, or maybe I thought I might "find myself" as it were, it would be wise to correct my mistake and get on the next plane back to Florida. For what reason should I be here? "...for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ." Any other reason is ultimately rooted in stupidity. However I find myself here for different reasons each and every day. I pray for God to change my heart and am joyful for the work that He has and continues to do in me. However, I am still a human overflowing with fleshly desires which seek to rob me of all that God has for me. Anytime I even think an unkind thought towards someone, I am forgetting why I am here. By the nature of my humanistic tendencies, I am overcome each day. The only thing good that dwellers in me is Christ that is in me.

Application: pray that God would remind me every second of everyday why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment