Monday, March 3, 2014

You never know how selfish you can be until you are placed into a position where that selfishness can manifest itself. This somewhat goes without saying, but it is absolutely vital to what I am going to say next. We often feel that we are better people than the corrupt people in power. That we could do a better job. This may be true that we could do a better job, but there is no such thing as "better people". My basis for saying this is rooted in the argument that there are no good people. There are just bad people and God who changes those people. The only difference between us and Barrack Obama is that he is the president of the United States. It is so easy to look at him and bad mouth him because of the massive amounts of money he spends on vacations when The United States are trillions of dollars in debt, but we can't be too sure that any of us wouldn't be taking those enjoyable family vacations. I'm not saying I agree with what he is and stands for, but I don't know how I would act in such a situation. I cannot say for sure that I would not tell my servant to prepare my meal and feed me before he feed himself because I have never had a servant. Now, knowing who I am and how I have reacted under the conditions of being a leader, such as at camps and things I can safely say that I enjoy serving people to some extent and do try to be sensitive to the needs of others. But there are other issues that I have, ones that are difficult for me to act appropriately when I am tempted by them. I tell myself I won't fall, but then I often do. I I have realized that I can't win certain battles on my own but the best part about being a child of God is that I don't have to. I am not supposed to win battles by myself, I need Gods support and guidance or else I will fall.

Application: examine your heart. Realize that you are only one situation away from falling and ask God for strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment