Sunday, March 30, 2014

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The severity of our sin is underestimated by us all. We will never be able to comprehend it until we are in eternal glory. We will never be able to see just how much Jesus loves us because our minds are literally incapable of it. The weight He took from us and carried to the cross was immense. There, at Calvary, He nailed our sins to the cross and said "it is finished". In that moment, sin no longer had bondage over anyone who would accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. We have to be absolutely perfect in Gods eyes to get into heaven. I would boldly say that we have to be as righteous as Jesus in order to be accepted into Heaven. On our own, we have nothing but rubble. Jesus intercedes for us and clothes us in His righteousness. "When He shall come, and trumpets sound. Oh my I then, in Him be found. Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless stand before the throne." That is my prayer. He is where I place my hope. When I stand before the judgment seat, I am confident that Jesus will intercede on my behalf and I will hear the words, "well done My good and faithful servant".
Application: smile, I'm going to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment